JOB OPENING: Sales Advertising Executive
JOB DESCRIPTION: KWQC-TV6, NBC, the Quad City regions #1 dominant news and highest rated, most watched Television station has an opening for an entry level Advertising Executive. This is a high potential multi-platform media position ready for a capable seller to successfully contribute to the best station and sales staff in the Quad Cities.
· Initiate and develop new customers to invest in KWQC advertising platforms.
· Work closely with assigned customers to help them grow their business using more KWQC advertising platforms at increased levels.
· Be capable of quickly learning and demonstrating functional literacy with our state-of-the-industry marketing tools including Wide Orbit, Marshall Marketing, Kantar Media, Eckstein-Summers, Nielsen ratings, Matrix, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualified applicant will have
· Superior communication, persuasion and presentation skills accompanied with a professional image.
· Microsoft Office products proficiency
· Demonstrate a superior customer focused, solution-based sales approach.
· Demonstrated ability to work with customers in demanding fast paced environment(s).
· Possess the interpersonal communication skills to enhance KWQC revenue with existing local and agency clients while developing new business across all media platforms.
· An ongoing and active sense of wonder, humor and a burning passion to be the best and win.
· Reliable transportation. Applicant must have a good driving record, valid drivers’ license, proof of motor vehicle insurance.
EDUCATION: College degree preferred
EOE M/F/D/V ~ Background check and drug screen required.
KWQC-TV6 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring, training, or promotion of employees by reasons of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, physical or mental handicap, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or age.
Please indicate in your correspondence exactly where you heard of this opening.