SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KWQC) – Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner released his 2015 federal and state tax forms on Friday, detailing his income and his family’s charitable giving.
In 2015, the Rauners paid more than $50 million in federal and state taxes on federal taxable income of $176.7 million and state taxable income of $188.2 million for a total effective tax rate on income of more than 26%. Their federal effective tax rate on income was 24.5%.
The Rauners and their family foundation also contributed to charity in the amount of $11.6 million.
- Income on Federal Return: $188.2 million
- Adjusted Gross Income on Federal Return: $187.6 million
- Taxable Income on Federal Return: $176.7 million
- Federal Income Taxes Paid: $43.3 million
- Federal Effective Tax Rate on Taxable Income: 24.5%
- Federal Effective Tax Rate on Adjusted Gross Income: 23.1%
- Illinois Taxable Income on State Return: $188.2 million
- Illinois Income Taxes Paid: $6.9 million