Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. MYSTERY SURROUNDS KILLINGS OF EIGHT FAMILY MEMBERS IN RURAL OHIO
Since the slayings, authorities have refused to discuss many details of the crime, a potential motive, weapons, or the search for the assailant or assailants.
2. US SENDING 250 MORE TROOPS TO SYRIA TO BATTLE IS GROUP
The move significantly increases the U.S. presence in Syria and comes after the Pentagon announced the deployment of a similar number of troops to Iraq, where Islamic State militants also control territory.
3. HOW OBAMA IS DEFENDING HIS TRADE AGENDA
He says it’s “indisputable” that such agreements strengthen the economy and make U.S. businesses more competitive worldwide.
4. WHITE HOUSE POISED TO RELEASE SECRET PAGES FROM 9/11 INQUIRY
The material from a congressional inquiry into 9/11 may shed light on possible Saudi connections to the attackers.
5. WHY SOME AMERICAN MUSLIMS ARE BACKING TRUMP
They see the GOP front-runner’s strong stance on immigrants as proof that he could better contain extremists than other candidates.
6. US DISMISSES NORTH KOREAN OFFER
Obama says he isn’t taking seriously Pyongyang’s proposal to halt its nuclear tests if the U.S. suspends its annual military exercises with South Korea.
7. WHO’S WARNING AGAINST ‘FORCES OF EVIL’
Egypt’s president urges people to defend the state and its institutions in the face of planned demonstrations against his policies.
8. SOLAR-POWERED PLANE COMPLETES JOURNEY ACROSS PACIFIC
The Solar Impulse 2 lands in California, completing a risky three-day flight across a great expanse of the ocean as part of its trip around the world.
9. ‘ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?’
Beyonce has used rumors of infidelity to fuel her music for years, and her much-scrutinized marriage to Jay Z also seems to take center stage on her new album, “Lemonade.”
10. CURRY’S RETURN IS SHORT-LIVED
Golden State’s superstar guard, back on the court after an ankle injury, sprains his knee in the first half of Game 4 against the Rockets and sits the rest of the contest.