Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. US JUSTICE DEPT INVESTIGATES LOUISIANA SHOOTING
The move comes a day after the video-recorded killing of a black man who was shot as he scuffled with two white police officers in Baton Rouge.
2. WHY OBAMA SCRAPS PLANS TO PULL AMERICAN FORCES FROM AFGHANISTAN
The president says he’ll leave 8,400 troops in Afghanistan to prevent al-Qaida from regrouping and Islamic State terrorists from strengthening.
3. WHO SUMMONS FBI CHIEF OVER CLINTON EMAILS
Irate House Republicans call James Comey to testify, days after he declared “no charges are appropriate” in the probe of Hillary Clinton’s official emails on a private server.
4. TRUMP SAYS HE TOOK IN $51M IN FUNDRAISING
It’s a huge jump from his previously lackluster figures, though still well shy of Hillary Clinton’s money machine.
5. ‘I WILL BE WITH YOU WHATEVER’
That’s what Britain’s Tony Blair assured then-President George W. Bush in the runup to the Iraq War — even as the U.K. leader assured the public he was undecided on an invasion, newly published documents show.
6. WHAT A MEDICAL EXAMINER CALLS A NAVY SEAL TRAINEE’S DEATH
Seaman James Derek Lovelace’s drowning is ruled a homicide, since an instructor is accused of pushing the struggling trainee underwater at least twice.
7. RENT HIKE MIGHT CLOSE CELEBRATED SAN FRANCISCO GAY BAR
The owner of the Stud received notice that the monthly rent would leap from $3,800 to $9,500.
8. PRINCE BACKUP BAND ‘THE REVOLUTION’ TO REUNITE FOR 2 SHOWS
The group that helped catapult Prince to stardom will play two gigs at the Minneapolis nightclub where “Purple Rain” was filmed.
9. FEEL THE BURN: RICKY WILLIAMS PLANS POT-SMOKING GYM
The former NFL star and a snowboard company exec want to open a fitness center that allows marijuana smoking.
10. FEDERER RALLIES, REACHES WIMBLEDON SEMIS
“I fought, I tried, I believed,” the 35-year-old said after his win against Marin Cilic — his 10th career comeback from a two-set hole.