IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — A high school track coach has been recovering at a hospital since being shocked while preparing for a track meet.
Williamsburg High School girls track coach Nick Nordheim told Cedar Rapids television station KCRG (http://bit.ly/1IvBrmr ) that he remembers moving a field goal post on Sunday and then nothing until waking up in a room at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
School athletic director Curt Ritchie says either boy’s track coach Matt Matthes and Nordheim came into contact with an electrical wire or electricity arced down from the wire. Nordheim was knocked out, but Matthes was not injured and was able to pull Nordheim away from the goal post.
Nordheim’s feet were badly burned, as were spots on his arms and the rest of his body.
Information from: KCRG-TV, http://www.kcrg.com