BURLINGTON, Iowa (AP) — Some rabbits have learned there are some tasty treats inside Burlington school vans.
District transportation director Mark Branch says a check engine light on one van provided the first sign: Its spark plug wires had been chewed up and an intake tube had a hole. Another van also had some gnawed wires.
Mechanics weren’t sure who or what to blame. The mystery was solved when one of them popped the hood on yet another van and found a rabbit in full munch mode.
Branch told The Hawk Eye (http://bit.ly/22z9Qq0 ) that pest experts say manufacturers have gone green by putting soy in wiring harness covers, wire insulation and in seat cushion foam and other vehicle parts.
Branch says the rabbits are being trapped and moved from the vans’ parking area.
Information from: The Hawk Eye, http://www.thehawkeye.com